Benefits & Product Recommendations
A centuries-old beauty ritual that still holds relevance today and is recommended highly by dermatologists, beauty experts and fashionistas, has to have a special place on any woman's shelf. Dry brushing the skin is taken as part of a body treatment package at day spas or in DIY treatments at home and is nothing but sweeping a firm, bristled brush across the skin, from head to toe. Both the brush and your skin should be dry in the process.
Some proponents suggest doing your dry brushing in the morning, rather than before bed, because of its stimulating and energizing qualities.
Do whatever is convenient for you, while following these simple steps :
1. Make sure your bare skin is completely dry and starting at the ankle, brush upward toward the body.
2. Move your brush over your skin in long, circular motions that go in the direction of the heart.
3. Maintain slightly firm pressure as you dry brush.
4. The stomach and chest are more sensitive than the arms and legs, so lighten your touch here.
5. Post-your dry brushing session, shower or bathe, then apply lotion, body balm, or body oil.
6. This ritual can be performed once or twice a week and in instances of ultra-sensitive skin, you can switch to a schedule of once every couple of weeks.
BENEFITS OF BODY BRUSHING
Image Credit: Jenni Kayne
1. The brisk brushing increase circulation of blood to the skin and renders it looking more radiant and lively, even if temporarily.
2. It unclogs pores and exfoliates dead skin by manually sweeping away dull, rough, flaky skin cells. The skin becomes softer and smoother to your touch.
3. It aids quick removal of toxins and pathogens from the body by encouraging lymphatic drainage.
4. It stimulates your nervous system, which can make you feel invigorated afterwards.
Here are some of our favourite body brushes that deliver the above-mentioned benefits to their fullest :
This extra-long natural brush provides gentle exfoliating action while the broad nubs gently knead cellulite - prone areas, helping in stimulating the metabolism of fat and promote tighter skin.
With medium stiff bristles that give an excellent stimulating scrub on feet, knees, legs to soften the skin and an angled handle that helps access different parts of the body, this product is a perfect choice to use both wet and dry.
This is a dry brush set of 2 brushes - dry body brush with detachable handle and dry face brush made with natural boar bristles that can filter dry, dead cells from the skin and leave it smoother.
A fine quality soft brush with ultra light weight wood for easy handling, this product carefully exfoliates the dead skin, softly massages the skin and has a stained brush surface for better life.
Complimented by an anti-slip cotton strap, polished bamboo handle, 100% natural bristles and polymer resin, this body brush is resistant enough to be used even in humid environment and is suitable for all skin types.
Regular body brushing can be an extremely rewarding ritual if you are realistic about the results you expect and listen patiently to your skin. Yes the skin talks and it glows when’s it receives some TLC!
Follow us on Instagram: @pkmhofficial
#beauty #pkmh #tutorials #tipsandtricks #beautyblog #exfoliate #dailyskincare #facecare #skinlove #skintips #skincareluxury #skincaretips #skincareroutines #skinroutine #naturalskincare #facials #cleanbeauty #nature #natural #facepeels #customisedskincare #skincare #toners #sunscreen #naturalbeauty #retinol
Note: The recommendations mentioned in the article are generic in nature and might not be suitable to everyone. Incase you have a specific skin, hair or a beauty query, reach out to us on email.
Disclaimer: Some images in the article may be sourced. We do not take credit for the images. Incase the images belong to you or your brand pls let us know. We would be happy to credit and tag you - if not done already!