Benefits & Favourites
Dry shampoo a powder for hair that promises to reduce the hair's sebum or oil build up and give limp hair, texture.
Dry shampoos, are as the name suggests -DRY- so you don’t need to rinse it out. Available in spray forms, it’s perfect for use after a workout or a long day at work.
Here we address the basic theory behind dry shampoos, list some common brands, and additionally take a glance at how dry shampoo’s benefit your hair in more ways than one.
HOW THEY WORK?
Our scalp is made up hair follicles, which create sebum - the organic oil that lightens the roots and provides us with the structure of the hair.
Although it's natural for certain quantity of oil on the scalp, excess oil accumulation provides a greasy look to your hair.
It can be labor intensive to shampoo, condition & blow-dry your hair on a regular basis. And furthermore, it may not even be healthy for hair to go through that process everyday. That's where dry shampoo swoops in.
To absorb the excess protein and moisture build up from your scalp, Dry Shampoo utilizes vinegar or starch-contained active ingredients. A scent is also used in several dry shampoos, which helps the hair smell fresh during washes.
BENEFITS OF DRY SHAMPOO
1. A dry shampoo will help lengthen the duration between your regular shampoo schedule. This is good because too much shampooing makes the hair strands dry out.
2. You also decrease the use of heating equipment (e.g. blow dryer, twirling or braiding iron) that can hurt your hair strands by shampooing your hair less frequently.
3. Dry shampoos also have a texturizing effect that can help sustain longer styling of your hair.
4. It helps colour in the hair last longer, as shampoo and conditioners will make the colour fade after arguable washes
5. It works as a perfect travel companion and for someone on the move.
POPULAR BRANDS AVAILABLE
1.COLAB DRY SHAMPOO
Get this shampoo from Amazon for Rs.409
2. BBLUNT DRY SHAMPOO
Get this shampoo from Amazon for Rs.505
3. MOROCCANOIL DRY SHAMPOO
Get this from Amazon for Rs.1980
4. BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO
Get this shampoo from Amazon for Rs.349
5. COLAB DRY SHAMPOO
Get this shampoo from Amazon for Rs.299
Honestly dry shampoo is not a substitute for shampooing your hair, opposed to its name. However it is for most people functional between rinses.
Follow us on Instagram: @pkmhofficial
#beauty #pkmh #tutorials #tipsandtricks #beautyblog #hairtrends #haircuts #hair2020 #hairinspiration #hairstyle #hairstyles #hair #washday #washroutine #hairtools #hairgoals #beauty #beautytools #hairstylist #hairtips #stylingtools #hairtrends #mustbuy #musthave #dryshampoo #affordablehair #cleanhair #quickfix #diy
Note: The recommendations mentioned in the article are generic in nature. Incase you‘d like a hair or a beauty consultation, reach out to us on email.